By admin 5 March 2018
Important Tips for Scoring Good at SSC CGL with A Full-Time Job
Anything is possible in this world if we put our hard work and he who believes in this can achieve anything. Yes, in some situations (the one we are about to address here) it becomes difficult but not impossible if you have focus and right mentor with you. In India we often see people involved with multiple jobs, a large number of people, mostly in the age group of 20 – 25, are seen taking up different types of preparations for appearing in national level competitive exams like – Banking and SSC CGL that too alongside WORK (where they are liable to work for 8 to 9 hours every day). Both are important and both require 100% focus, determination, learning and implementation. However, performing at work place and preparing for a competitive exam can be a herculean task, hence here in this article we are discussing a few tips that might help you out in your stressed-out situation:
- Getting good scores in a competitive exam with a full-time job is not a MIRACLE. The statistics say that more than half the candidates appearing in national level competitive exams are the work-ex people. Hence, in case you are thinking that something unusual is happening to you, rest assured there are many others on the same path. So, it’s time to put aside your worries and strains.
- Never give up on your job for preparing for the exam. There is no exam in this world that require you to study 10-12 hours a day for 12 months. In keeping with the tips and guidelines from toppers of last year SSC CGL exam, studying regularly for 4 hours is sufficient to clear the exam with flying colours. One suggestion, do not appear for the exam because you are frustrated with your current job, instead find a new job in the same stream. Appear for the exam because you want to and its your dream to earn a job in government sector.
- Be acquainted with the syllabus and other important updates about the exam. For this, all you need to do is enrol yourself for SSC CGL preparation video lectures (since you don’t have time for regular classes) from a reputed institute. There are many experienced and reputed institutes that provide candidates with fully-loaded, helpful video lectures. These lectures are a boon for aspirants who are working, as they can learn from these videos as per their convenience.
- Prepare targets and work towards achieving them. Start with small targets and eventually increase them as per your learning calibre. Normal people start with preparation, scholars include planning before preparation.
- Measure your targets by work and not by time. It is important to be focussed and make sure you use each minute of your preparation minus all potential limitations. Do not rush to meet your targets.
- Be prepared to study in sprints. Make use of your commute time (if you are living in a metro city, then trust us, there is lot of time), spare some time from your daily lunch hour, waking up an hour early in the morning and finally burning some mid night oil will grant you almost 2 to 3 hours a day, make use of this time and keep your preparations going via SSC CGL online coaching.
- Last but not the least, do not give up. There can be people around you, discouraging you by saying, “let this year go, prepare for next year”. Postponement is your biggest enemy, never give up on your preparations, mock tests and practice series from an online source. Keep trying and keep working and you will achieve your goal.