By admin 2 September 2019
If you are a banking PO aspirant, you will surely be interested in taking the SBI PO and IBPS PO exams. SBI PO is one of the toughest exams in India. You could study aimlessly for the tests, and roll the dice. You may or may not pass. To give yourself the edge of others, you need to prepared with both the complete syllabus and a good strategy. If you are a banking PO aspirant, you will surely be interested in taking the SBI PO and IBPS PO exams. SBI PO is one of the toughest exams in India. You could study aimlessly for the tests, and roll the dice. You may or may not pass. To give yourself the edge of others, you need to prepared with both the complete syllabus and a good strategy.
Before we could discuss a good strategy, we need to know the basics of the exam you are going to write.
● One must have graduated from a university or an equivalent, recognized by the central government. The candidate must also have a certificate that supports the same
.● The candidate must have basic computer skills.
● The candidate should have written and oral proficiency in the official language of the state of the application.
● The age limits for the applicant is between 21 years to 30 years. It is subject to a 5-year relaxation for SC/ST, 3-year relaxation for OBC (non-creamy layer), ten years relaxation for PWD, and five years relaxation for Ex-Servicemen.
The selection process for SBI PO:The selection process has three phases consisting of a preliminary examination, main examination, and the interview.
● The preliminary exam is an online examination with a total duration of one hour. The three sections included in this paper are English, numerical aptitude, and reasoning aptitude. The composite marks allotted for this paper are 100, and the candidate gets one point for the right answer, whereas one-fourth of the assigned mark to the question is reduced for every incorrect one.
● The main examination is online, with a total duration of 3 hours. The objective questions have four sections: reasoning/computer, data interpretation and analysis, general awareness, and English. Apart from this, there is a 30-minute descriptive paper, conducted in English, with the total marks of 50 that have letter writing, essay writing, etc.
● Marks obtained by all students are arranged in descending order, and some will be selected and called for an interview. The marks in this round will also decide which candidate will be selected and which won’t.
The preliminary exam marks have no significance in the final merit list. Mark obtained in the main exam and interview rounds are vital for formulating the list.
Now that you are familiar with the basics, we can jump into planning a good strategy! Having a head start is always an advantage. It’s frustrating preparing for SBI PO with just a couple of months in hands. Go through the syllabus and plan accordingly, attend coaching classes on weekends, take mock tests to regulate your progress. Or you could choose online coaching for SBI PO which can do all the things mentioned above for you. Always opt to choose good online coaching such as VidyaGuru online coaching for SBI PO.
SBI PO online coaching has several benefits. They will generate a plan according to the available time in your hands and act accordingly. Video classes, classes on computer knowledge, maths, English, and all the crucial topics needed to crack the exam are often part of the coaching curriculum. They will also send hard copies of study materials and test your progress through online tests monitored strictly.
Even though it is recommended to utilize every minute of available time, taking breaks is essential. Study breaks are instrumental as it improves memory and retention capability. It is possible to keep yourself consistently fresh and entirely focused on both work and study when you are taking breaks and use them effectively.Thorough and systematic preparation is the key to cracking SBI PO exams. The tips given above can help you chart your study schedule.